As simple as we’ve made buying a men’s wedding ring, there just isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to sizing and fit.
The video above provides some information on what the perfect fit is and isn’t.
Men’s fingers come in not just a huge range of sizes, but also shapes. This is why we stock dozens of sizes and go above and beyond with our sizing process, customer service, and expert advice to make sure your wedding ring fits perfectly.
So how should a men’s wedding ring fit? In a nutshell, there’s a happy middle ground where the ring not too tight or loose. The ring should be tight enough that it cannot fall off in cold weather or swimming, but not too tight in the warmer months. The most important thing when it comes to fit, is that it feels comfortable for you.
This all sounds obvious, but if you have never worn a ring before, then it can be hard to determine where this happy middle ground is. Read on for advice and tips on how to tell if your ring fits perfectly.
Here are some key points to consider, when finding your perfect size:
- Big knuckle, skinny finger? – If you notice that your knuckle is quite a bit bigger than the base of your finger then you may need a ring which takes a bit of force to get over the knuckle. This should mean that once at the base of your finger, the ring isn’t too loose.
- Small knuckle big finger? – If the base of your finger is larger than your knuckle, then you will need to opt for a fit that is much firmer around the base of the finger.
- Fingers are funny things – they change size significantly based on; temperature, time of day, exercise, and so on. So try the ring on at different times to make sure it fits at all times of the day.
If you think your ring might be too tight
- Restrictive – You don’t want your skin to bulging out either side, once the ring is in position. Additionally if you make a tight fist, it shouldn’t feel like it is restricting you finger.
- Firm over the knuckle – It should take some force to push it over the knuckle, but you should still be able to spin the ring around the the base of your finger. This does not mean spin freely – that is too loose.
- Removal test – Especially when you’ve never had to remove a ring before there can actually be a little bit of ‘wiggle’-technique. There definitely should be reasonable resistance taking the ring off and may take a good pull and a wiggle. That’s normal, however you shouldn’t need to apply soap or oil to your finger or go to any peculiar measure to remove the ring.
If you think your ring might be to loose
- Shake test – If you shake your hand with fingers pointed to the ground, the ring should not come off. It may move slightly towards your knuckle but the knuckle should ‘stop’ the ring from flicking off.
- Knuckle friction – The ring should need a firm push to get it over the knuckle. If it can simply slip back and forth over the knuckle without much friction or requiring almost no force then it is probably too loose.
- Fist test – Make a tight fist and feel if the ring is comfortable. If it’s too big then you will feel it push uncomfortably into the sides of your adjacent fingers.
So, how should a men’s wedding band fit again?
In short, you want it to be tight enough that getting the ring off takes you a few seconds, but loose enough that it’s not too restrictive in warm weather.
Some will find their knuckles are bigger than the base of their finger. If so, you want a slightly tighter fit over your knuckle, so that it’s not too loose once in place.
We go to significant lengths and care to make sure we perfectly size our awesome ring to your unique finger.
We have incredible customer support with expert advice to make sure you’re not left wondering if your wedding ring fits.
We also have a comprehensive re-sizing process. If you’re not satisfied with the fit, we’ll make sure we get another to you that is perfect for you.
We also have an incredible lifetime guarantee. If you should you ever need a new size because it just isn’t quite right, we will swap it for a better size for free. We just ask that’d you cover postage costs. Yep – that’s a good guarantee, right?
If you are unsure about how your wedding ring should fit, please contact us here. We usually get you to send a few photos of the fit and a description of how it fits. This will help us determine which size would fit you better.
Trying to figure out how you can size your finger first. Head over here.
Our customers rave about how easy our resizing process is, check out our glowing customer reviews her