Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and PayPal account details), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Cookies can be classified into the following categories:
|First-party cookies – these are issued from the website you have accessed. These cookies often serve to give memory to the website about your data and preferences.||Session cookies – these are used during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse around our website. These session cookies will expire after a browser session.|
|Third-party cookies – these are cookies that are set by a website other than the one you are on. If you visit a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.||Persistent cookies – these are stored on a device in between browser sessions which allows your preferences or actions across our website (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising.|
We don’t store personal information in the cookies we create, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Our cookies can be split into 3 types:
- Essential cookies: These cookies (first-party cookies) provide the functionality on our site to allow you to shop. This includes adding products to your cart and allowing us to remember what products you’ve added to your cart. Without these cookies, you will be unable to use the Site.
- Performance cookies: These cookies (session cookies) allow us to review how you use the Site, so that we can measure and improve performance. It is in our legitimate business interests to use these types of cookies but you can restrict these at any time. Without these cookies the site may not perform or look as expected.
- Advertising and Targeting cookies: These cookies (third-party cookies) allow us to personalise advertising just for you, serve ads that are related to your interests and shopping history, both within and beyond our Site. Without these cookies the site may not perform or look as expected and you may not be targeted with ads that are relevant to your interests.
Some cookies are essential in order to shop our Site and in the event you do reject cookies this may impair the functionality of the Site meaning that you are unable to shop our Site.
You can choose which cookies you’d like our Site to store on your device by updating your browser settings. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in different ways.
To find out more about cookies such as; managing the cookies or how to see what cookies have been set on any of the browser types listed below. Visit http://aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
– Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/settings/
We are aware that do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers. If you enable this feature, it will send a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn’t tracked, for example by third party advertisers. At present no industry-wide uniform standard has been agreed and adopted to determine how DNT requests should be managed, so our website doesn’t currently respond to DNT requests. We’ll continue to review development of new technologies and any standard that is adopted, but for now we won’t be able to respond to DNT requests.
The cookies we use on our Site
- WordPress & Woocommerce: We use WordPress and Woocommerce as the underlying technology which powers our website and allows visitors to purchase our products. Cookies associated with tracking what’s in your cart and identifying you through the checkout is critical to the operation of our Site.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to capture customer information to improve our paid search activity and improve our marketing. This cookie anonymously identifies the customer and the products browsed so we can offer a better marketing experience, as well as for conversion tracking and retargeting.
- ClickGuard: We use ClickGuard to prevent fraudulent Google Ad clicks predominantly made by robots and automated scripts.
Advertising and Targeting Cookies:
- Pinterest, Facebook & Instagram: These tools allow you to share your views on our products on Social media, helping us to market our products to a wider audience.
- Bing & Google Ads: A tool used to perform paid search marketing activities like retargeting and conversion tracking via the Bing or Google browsers.
For more information about our Cookies practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
The Gentleman’s Smith Pty Ltd
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
PO Box 1166, Surrey Hills North VIC 3127, Australia
Last Edited on 2020-01-28